Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Putting Things In Perspective

Consider this: You are homeless and do not have a shelter to go to. Would you turn to somebody (ie. a family member, or friend) to help you with this situation to help you get back on your feet, or would you simply give up and live in slums of the streets hoping for people to pity you? Also know that there is a chance, even though not a very good one, that you would still have your job.

In considering the above situation, would you say that there are two types of people in this world? If so, who are those two types of people?

When I first saw this, I thought, Yes there are the people that would do something and there are people that would just sit around waiting to die. But after my thinking critically of the person(s) that would be going through this experience (or devestation, if you would like to call it) I considered the different possibilities that would fall under this broad umbrella of 'homelessness'. I thought to myself, I suppose there could be another type... In considering that one type, there became a group -- all with different situations, all with different takes on life that would have possibilities in this world of ours. I also checked on some facts that would pertain to this situation that I was theoretically put in and one fact said that, 'Even if you were one of the poorest people in the United States of America, you would have a moderate life compared to the poor in other countries (ie. China, Japan, Korea)'

I hope that this situation of perspective has helped you value your live more than you did.

1 comment:

Antara Kita said...

蘭「ネクストコナンズヒント!」
コナン「セグメント!」
平次「お前たちは廃ビルが行くんじゃないんやろ!」
蘭「ちょっと服部君、あたしが行くわ」
平次「違うやろ...」